Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Midnight Negotiators

It was the middle of the night, and our toddler woke up crying. After waiting several minutes, we both realized one of us would have to get up with him. And I didn't want to do it. So I started negotiating."If you go get him, I'll ______." My husband counter-offered and I ended up agreeing and getting up with Man-cub D.

So today I thought I'd share a few things my husband could say to get me to get up with the toddler instead of making him do it.
-A shoulder (or foot or back) massage redeemable immediately when I get back to bed
-A trade off where I get up in the middle of the night but my husband takes the early morning shift (sometimes starting at 6am)
-My husband agrees to watch Man cub D sometime the next day so I can take a nap (or do whatever else I wanted)

What would you negotiate for?


1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how much sleep you got because I didn't get enough so I was headachey and emotional all day. I wondered how you were faring and feeling...

    ReplyDelete