Thursday, April 21, 2016

Road Trips With Little Ones


Since my husband and I have been married, we've moved 6 times. 4 of those have been with a little one. We're become pretty proficient in keeping sane during a long car ride. Here are some tips that I've found helpful. 

1. Bring Lots of Snacks
Nothing makes man-cub J happier than food. If you feed him something you will be his best friend. I didn't want him to feel yucky because of too much junk food so I packed healthier snacks like fruit cups, small oranges, crackers, and apple sauce. Sitting down for a long car ride can make you constipated, so I wanted to make sure he was eating plenty of fruit. 

2. Dollar-Store Toys are Your Friend
Babies are easily entertained. They don't need expensive toys to make them happy. They just need something new to explore. I went to the dollar store and found some cheap toys that I thought he would enjoy playing with. 

3. Sing Songs
Never underestimate the power of Old McDonald Had a Farm. Man-cub J loves these songs because my full attention is on him. He also loves the hand movements that come with the songs. Sometimes if the song doesn't have hand movements, I'll just make some up. 

We're moving again early next month. Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment