Thursday, August 04, 2016

Airplane Toddler Travel

Man-cub D greeting the airplane passengers behind us. 
We move across the country next week! Papa M will be driving all of our belongings, and then Man-cub D and I will fly out to join him three days later. We were able to get a "practice run" in because we flew to Oregon for a family reunion last week. Here's what I learned from that trip:
  • Car seats are bulky. Yes, you can check them at the curb or at the normal check in instead of at the gate, but I'd much rather not worry about it. So we will be borrowing one until we can fly out.
  • I will only have the diaper bag (as my small item) and a backpack as my carry on. I will also have an umbrella stroller to transport Man-cub D in. That's it.
  • To make this happen, I have to pack light. Here's what I'm eliminating:
    • My laptop. One of our planes actually had small touch screens for each seat, and I figure I can just use my phone and save myself a few extra pounds in luggage.
    • Clothes. I'm staying with my mom during the three day period when we move out to when we fly out, and I'm planning on borrowing some of my sister's clothing during that time so I don't have to pack as much. 
    • Toiletries. Borrow at my mom's house. All I'll have are man-cub D's things, like his liquid multi-vitamins. 
    • Books. I only need to bring one for Man-cub D. (It's a large look-and-find one that he loves).
What would you eliminate on a airplane trip?


1 comment:

  1. Lucky me to have you and Man-cub D here before you fly away!

    ReplyDelete